Preparing your home for winter can save you time and money by avoiding costly repairs and increased energy usage. While there is an unlimited amount of information on the web with lists of the top five or the top fifty things you should do here are our favorite tips.
1. Check the weatherstripping around all your doors and windows. This is an important step to keeping Old Man Winter out of your house and your heating bill in check.
2. Purchase insulated covers for your exterior faucets. Some people like to turn these off completely but using the covers will help prevent freezing and cracking and keep your faucet handy.
3. Have your home furnace inspected. Having your furnace inspected can help keep it running efficiently saving you money and the hassle of an emergency repair if your furnace suddenly quits on you.
4. Clean your gutters from debris.
5. Take a quick look around the exterior of your house for any damage. If you find anything that causes you concern give us a call. As always we provide free inspections and estimates. We can also help you with that gutter cleaning.
We hope this list is helpful. For a more extensive list here's one that I really Liked: Winter Preparation Checklist